Have Your Best Dental Experience With Laser Dentistry
If you’ve been avoiding the dentist due to time constraints or a fear of noise, numbness, or pain, the speed and comfort of laser dentistry can completely change the way you experience dental treatment.
With laser dentistry, specialized dental lasers are used in place of a scalpel or drill to perform a broad range of common dental procedures, like fillings, root canals, and gum disease treatment. Dental lasers use light energy in a very narrow and focused beam to precisely cut, remove, or shape hard and soft oral tissues. Tissues exposed to a dental laser are also simultaneously sterilized, which reduces the risk of infection while promoting comfort and healing.
Laser dentistry means less time and more comfort!
Solea All Tissue Laser at Wohlers Family Dentistry
For your best and most positive dental experience, Dr. Wohlers has integrated the Solea All Tissue Laser into all aspects of her Marietta practice. Highly adaptable and accurate, the Solea All Tissue Laser can be safely and effectively used in treatments for both hard and soft oral tissues, including:
For adults and children alike, conventional cavity treatment — which requires a shot of anesthesia and the buzz of the dental drill — often stirs up apprehension or dread. With Solea’s gentle yet precise tissue cutting technology, Dr. Wohlers is able to successfully and comfortably treat cavities without local anesthetic or a dental drill. This means faster treatment, no numbness, and an experience that’s typically pain-free.
Root Canal Therapy
Conventional root canal therapy uses a dental drill to open your tooth and give your dentist access to the inner tissues (called pulp). While dealing with the dental drill is far more comfortable than leaving a tooth untreated, the idea of getting a root canal is often nerve-wracking for many patients. Solea gives Dr. Wohlers the ability to quickly and accurately access diseased tooth pulp without a dental drill and, in some cases, without the need for local anesthesia.
Periodontal (Gum) Disease Treatment
Conventional periodontal therapy for advanced gum disease requires your dentist to make small incisions along your gumline to properly clean the roots of your teeth. Along with causing temporary bleeding and inflammation, the gum tissue is left vulnerable to scarring and slow healing. Solea allows Dr. Wohlers to gently and effectively treat advanced gum disease without invasive incisions and sutures, which means you’ll experience faster healing, no scarring, and a reduced likelihood of postoperative pain, swelling, bleeding, and risk of infection.
Before laser dentistry, a scalpel was used to cut out excess gum tissue and improve the proportions of a “gummy smile.” Dr. Wohlers exclusively uses Solea for gum contouring procedures. Along with requiring little to no local anesthesia, laser-assisted gum contouring equals better and faster healing without any scarring.
Cold Sore and Canker Sore Treatment
For many patients, cold sores or canker sores in or around the mouth are a cause of stress, pain, and embarrassment. Solea can help you experience immediate pain relief and shorten your healing time to as short as 24 to 72 hours. This very short and pain-free laser treatment seals exposed nerve endings in a matter of minutes, eradicates infection, accelerates healing, and reduces the likelihood of future occurrences.
Sleep Apnea/Snoring Therapy
Though 67% of American adults snore, most don’t know how fast, comfortable, and effective it can be to treat snoring with laser dentistry. While conventional snoring treatment often involves surgery, Solea offers a non-surgical treatment that can help you (and your bedmate!) get a better night’s sleep by opening your airway to improve breathing and reduce snoring intensity. In fact, 92% of patients experience immediate results the same day of treatment!
Before laser dentistry, amalgam removal meant the loss of healthy tooth structure and a risk of mercury vapor exposure. Solea makes amalgam removal safer and cleaner so you can reclaim your smile’s health and beauty with minimal damage to your tooth structure and a lower risk of mercury exposure.
Conventional frenectomies require local anesthesia before the tissue is cauterized or snipped with a scalpel or surgical scissors, at times requiring stitches. Though a conventional procedure only lasts 10 to 15 minutes, this is a big experience for your child or infant. With Solea, Dr. Wohlers can perform a frenectomy in as little as 30 to 60 seconds without the need of anesthesia, cutting, or stitches. This means your little one can gain all the benefits of a frenectomy without experiencing unnecessary trauma or pain.
Top 5 Benefits of Laser Dentistry with Solea
The Solea All Tissue Laser is safe for children and adults, including those who have pacemakers, dental implants, or metal orthodontics. This safety, precision, and versatility give laser dentistry with Solea many unique and desirable benefits.
- Drill-Free Cavity Treatment and Root Canal Therapy. With the Solea laser, Dr. Wohlers can precisely remove decay, kill bacteria, and preserve more of your natural tooth structure than conventional root canal therapy or cavity treatment — all without the buzz or pressure of a dental drill.
- Fewer needles and local anesthetic. The Solea laser is minimally invasive to your hard and soft oral tissues, which means many procedures can be performed comfortably without the need for a local anesthetic. This means fewer needle pokes and numbness for you or your child and a more relaxing treatment experience.
- Less pain, swelling, and bleeding. Because treatment requires no incisions, the Solea laser minimizes tissue damage, which reduces the likelihood of pain, swelling, and bleeding after soft tissue procedures, like gum contouring or gum disease treatment. As an added bonus, the Solea laser also helps your tissues coagulate (clot) while they’re being treated. This prevents excessive bleeding and swelling and often eliminates the need for stitches.
- Accelerated healing. Along with reducing pain, swelling, and bleeding, the Solea laser also accelerates healing by preventing infection and boosting cellular activity. The cells in your soft oral tissues are able to absorb laser light and quickly convert it into usable energy for faster cellular regeneration and healing. This also means healing without scarring. This is a game changer for things like gum therapy and advanced periodontitis treatment.
- Faster, more comfortable treatment. By reducing the need for local anesthesia and trauma to your oral tissues, your dental care with the Solea laser will be faster than its conventional counterpart so you can get back to your life — with a healthy, beautiful smile — quickly and smoothly. Many lengthy procedures can now be done in the same day.
“Thrilled to be a part of this wonderful family! Everyone is so friendly and personable. We have had many great years together & looking forward to the future!!”