Root canal therapy is a standard procedure used to treat teeth that have been damaged, often due to decay or trauma. While this procedure can be uncomfortable, most of our patients say it’s no more painful than a routine filling.
Our dedicated endodontist in Marietta, GA can remove the infected tissue from inside the tooth, clean the area, then fill it with a particular substance to prevent infection. With this effective treatment, you can return to your everyday life quickly.
Learn about root canal therapy’s importance and how our clinic can save your infected tooth and help you achieve a gorgeous smile.
It is vital to ensure that one’s teeth and mouth are adequately cared for to maintain good oral health. While regular brushing and flossing can effectively clean the visible surfaces of teeth, some areas require more specialized attention. In cases where individuals have periodontal disease or deep pockets, a thorough cleaning known as root planing and scaling becomes necessary.
This advanced procedure at our esteemed Marietta clinic focuses on eliminating bacterial build-up below the gum line and within the pockets. We can promptly address this build-up to prevent gum tissue damage and jaw bone deterioration.
When the pockets below the gum line reach a depth of 3mm or more, it indicates a potential problem. These deep pockets provide an ideal environment for harmful bacteria, tartar, and calculus to accumulate, leading to various oral health issues.
Regular dental cleanings are vital in detecting and addressing this build-up before it becomes a more serious concern. However, in cases where significant build-up has already occurred, root planing and scaling are necessary to restore oral health.
1. Evaluation: Our experienced dentist Marietta thoroughly evaluate your oral health before initiating the procedure. This includes measuring the pocket depths and assessing the extent of the build-up.
2. Anesthesia: We will provide local anesthesia to guarantee your comfort during the procedure. This numbs the area being treated, minimizing any potential discomfort.
3. Deep Cleaning: With the patient adequately numbed, our skilled dental hygienists use specialized tools to access and clean the areas below the gum line and within the pockets. This process involves carefully removing bacterial deposits, tartar, and calculus.
4. Smoothing the Roots: After the cleaning process, the roots of the teeth are filed to promote proper reattachment of the gum tissue. This reduces the likelihood of bacteria accumulating in the future and encourages the gums to heal.
5. Follow-up Care: Following the root planing and scaling procedure, proper post-treatment care is crucial. Our dental professionals will provide detailed instructions on maintaining oral hygiene, scheduling follow-up visits, and any additional treatments required.
Undergoing root planing and scaling at our Marietta clinic offers numerous advantages for oral health and overall well-being. Some key benefits include:
Regarding dental procedures, this treatment often sparks a sense of fear or apprehension in individuals. However, it’s important to debunk the common misconception that this treatment is excruciatingly painful.
At our reputable Marietta clinic, we prioritize your comfort and utilize advanced technology to ensure that your experience with the treatment is as smooth and painless as possible.
A root canal treatment becomes necessary when the nerves of a tooth are damaged, typically due to deep decay, trauma, or infection. The tooth’s innermost layer, the pulp, consists of delicate blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissues. When this pulp becomes infected or inflamed, it can lead to severe pain, sensitivity, and even abscess formation.
Root canal treatment offers numerous benefits, including:
If you are experiencing tooth pain or suspect you may require a root canal, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for a comprehensive evaluation and personalized care.
Call us at 770-926-9914 and start a consultation today.
Generally, this procedure may take one to two appointments, each lasting about 90 minutes. Its duration may vary depending on the patient’s case complexity.
No. Unlike popular belief, this therapy is not painful because patients will undergo local anesthesia to ensure a comfortable procedure.
Yes. The primary alternative to this procedure is tooth extraction. But, a root canal is still preferred since it can preserve the natural tooth.
Yes. In most cases, you can drive yourself home after the treatment. However, if you received sedation and still feel any lingering effects, it’s advisable to let someone drive for you.
A successful root canal therapy can last a lifetime with proper care and regular dental visits. You must also maintain good oral hygiene and avoid excessive biting force to support the treatment’s success.