Invisalign® in Atalanta
Invisalign Marietta, GA
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is an orthodontic treatment protocol that relies on custom-fit plastic trays called aligners to shift teeth into their ideal positions. These aligners can be used to correct the vast majority of the issues addressed by conventional metal braces, including underbites, overbites, and crossbites for both teens and adults.
Why use Invisalign®?
- Aligner trays made of very comfortable, BPA-free and smooth, transparent plastics.
- Your Marietta Invisalign braces and dental provider can use radiographs, pictures, and impressions to create an accurate 3-D image of your teeth and to configure your aligner trays accordingly.
- No metal brackets or hardware on the teeth
- You can brush and care for your teeth as normal
- Virtually clear/invisible braces
- Ability to eat all foods, no restrictions
1) Aligner trays need to be changed more frequently, once every 1-2 weeks and monitored visits every 3 to 6 weeks as needed
2) Must remove before consuming or drinking anything but plain water
3) Must brush teeth often after each meal or snack to avoid staining
4) Removable. Therefore there must be dedication to wearing them
How does Invisalign® treatment work?
Treatment begins with a series of impressions and measurements which are sent to the lab where the aligners will be made. The impressions, or molds, and measurements are fed into a computer which recreates 3D models that act as a visual aid on how the teeth need to move over time to come into alignment. These models serve as the basis for the dental aligners. The number of models – and the number of aligners – varies from patient to patient. During the duration of treatment, each aligner will be worn for about two weeks before being “traded in” for the next aligner in the series. Changing aligners every 1-2 weeks helps to keep teeth moving in the right direction. Office visits take place about every 3-6 weeks, and most procedures can be completed within two years or less – sometimes even less than a year.
Not only are the aligners virtually invisible, but they are also removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment. They are also more comfortable than traditional braces, with no metal or wires, which means you require less time to be spent in your Marietta Invisalign dentist’s office getting adjustments. Invisalign treatment also allows you to view your virtual treatment plan when you begin so you can observe how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
How do I care for my teeth when wearing Invisalign® retainers?
Oral care is much easier with Invisalign vs traditional braces as it can be removed to brush and floss. It’s also easier to eat because you have to remove them to eat or drink anything but water.
Trying to decide if Invisalign® is right for you?
As a certified adult and teen Invisalign provider, Dr. Wohlers provides Invisalign to Atlanta and Marietta, GA, patients, and is very experienced in evaluating whether Invisalign is right for you. Contact Wohler’s Family Dentistry, for a free consultation!
we can’t wait to see you!