Mouth and Body Connection:
The Relationship between Heart Disease, Stroke, and the Health of your Mouth
Did you know that there is a link between your oral health and cardiovascular disease? New research shows that certain people may be predisposed to periodontal disease. The bacteria associated with periodontal disease is the same bacteria associated with heart disease. These bacteria cause plaque and tartar (soft and hard deposits) around teeth and in arteries. Take time at your next appointment to talk to the Wohlers Family Dentistry team about the connection between your mouth’s health and your body’s health.
Do you have any of the following?
- History of periodontal/gum disease
- Family history of periodontal disease
- Bleeding or irritated gums
- Heavy plaque (soft deposits) or tartar buildup (hard deposits)
- Inflammation (swelling and redness) of the gums surrounding your teeth
- History of cardiovascular disease
- Diagnosis of periodontal disease
“Dr Wohlers is an amazing dentist! She loves all her patients and takes time to get to know them. Would recommend her to anyone!”
we can’t wait to see you!